Field Technician - Menlo Park, CA
R&D Field Technicians
Summary job description:
Builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, control systems, test equipment, including mechanical part fabrication. Conduct mechanical and electrical assembly and prepare equipment for field testing of airborne sensors; support field testing of equipment in austere environments, e.g. desert of cold weather areas. Current or prior Military Service member encouraged to apply
- Assemble payloads through use of hand tools, wrenches, power drills, tapping tools, epoxy, bolt selection, and basic metal fabrication
- Safe use of mechanical fabrication tools, selection and safe use for specific tasks
- Be familiar with electrical power terminology
- Connect electrical and power systems by hand wiring, soldering, etc.
- Test electronic systems using digital multi-meters, power supplies, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Layout, fabrication, assembly procedures and problems associated with prototype development.
- Assemble experimental circuitry or complete prototype models according to engineering instructions, technical manuals using knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Can assemble, fabricate custom cables with a wide variety of cable types and connector types including
- Understanding of IPC standards for PCB fabrication and soldering quality
- Knowledge of interconnection / connector and cable technologies
- Securely pack items for shipment
- Experience in shipping large crates and lab equipment
- Experienced in use of portable generators
- Knowledge of application and installation of thermal sensors (e.g. thermocouples)
- Use of and general application knowledge of Microsoft office products (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Menlo Park, CA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Field Technician
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 335673
Posted Date: 8/24/2018