Network Technician (VOIP/IP Routing/Troubleshooting) - Littleton, CO
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Network Technician (IP Communications) for the Littleton, CO location. Must work on site. While this is a 1 year contract position it has the potential to extend. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world.
This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
- Title: Network Technician (VOIP/IP Routing/Troubleshooting)
- Location: Littleton, CO
- Duration: 12 plus month
- Interview: In-person (will be scheduled quickly)
- Shift: 10:00am to 6:30pm possible one weekend day once trained
- The center is a 7x24x365 Day environment
This is a customer facing position. The VoIP Tier II Team provides customer support in numerous areas ensuring a single support location for our customer.
This position is a complete support model for our VoIP SIP & Hosted customers, ensuring a level of service that meets or exceeds service levels.
This position has direct impact on the resolution of complex trouble situations and technical direction of the repair and influences the repair, and influences the team's quality, timeliness, methods, and overall performance in resolving trouble situations.
• Associate's degree in Networking or related discipline plus 2 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work all shifts in a 7x24x365 environment.
• Advanced knowledge of VoIP Architecture, and IP Routing.
• Experience working on Complex Translations Troubles, and/or Maintenance Assignments related to Network Switching Equipment to resolve Trouble Tickets.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, and IP addressing
• Voice Services
• 4+ of technical experience working with customers, networks, communication equipment and/or electronics equipment.
• Experience working with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
• Previous experience troubleshooting complex network problems involving Power, Network Hardware, Routers, CSU, or Carrier Services.
• Ability to understand and isolate Physical Layer Problems.
• Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper, Shasta Routers and or UNIX commands
• Advanced knowledge of Call Setup and Messaging (MGCP, SIP, H.323)
• Able to work with off net carrier (LEC, CLEC, ILEC) and/or vendor to resolve trouble issue
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Handle incoming calls and managing trouble tickets. Effectively manages customer expectations (status and clear description of activities).
• Able to multitask and work independently, and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively to peers and higher levels of management through verbal and written communication, Interface with subject matter experts; lead technicians; services, product, and project managers; as well as Tier 3 Technical Support.
• Proactively manages communication and escalations, including engagement with customers, vendors, off-net providers, and field operations (FOPS), Effectively manages customer expectations (status and clear description of activities).
• Accurate and appropriate trouble ticket documentation/closure in multiple internal systems. Provides assistance and guidance to repair center operations technicians. Advanced technical knowledge to affect complex trouble restoration, proven ability to direct problem resolution.
• Performs remote testing and repair activities within network elements, Provide technical analysis, isolation, and resolution of customer reported troubles. Ability to lead/coordinate repair activity with participation from vendors, off net carriers (LEC, CLEC, ILEC), field operations, and internal support organizations.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Technician (VOIP/IP Routing/Troubleshooting)
Location: Littleton, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 336216
Posted Date: 8/21/2018