IT Operations Technician - Tulsa, OK
Ranked as a Fortune 500 company, our client has have an opening for an IT Operations Technician. Check out the qualifications below. If you think that you meet these, please apply online.
Title: IT Operations Technician
Location: Tulsa, OK
Client Note: Candidates must be local; In-person interview required
Note: This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing (No C2C).
1) IP Centric Candidate
2) Strong Routing and Switching
3) Layer 3 experience - their team is picking up manage CPE Layer 3 testing
1) CCNA or other related certifications are a plus.
**This position is very quick. They need candidates that are able to start as soon as possible. They are picking up a new product where this experience will be needed.
**Interviews will be in person. Local candidates only!!!
Strong working knowledge and experience on Metro Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols).
Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc.).
Perform testing and activation of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, SDH networks with SNCP rings, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS.
- Preferred Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent.
- Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations.
- Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred. Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems.
- Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput.
- Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
- Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer networks, proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management.
- Ability to relate technical issues to management and Govt personnel.
- Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran).
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure. Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical skill set of shift technicians. Previous experience with Govt networks and customers.
- Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential. Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks; or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience.
- Seven or more years applicable work experience
Adv. Ref. #: 336244
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IT Operations Technician
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 336244
Posted Date: 9/22/2018