Hardware Engineer - Franklin, MA
Position: Hardware Engineer / 336319
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Franklin, MA
***looking for college level type contractor hire or a person with 1 or 2 years experience****
Will work on integrating SAS, Serial-ATA drives and Solid State Drives (SSD) into primarily the Isilon product and possibly other storage products when needed.
He/She will assist in automated test design, test emulation, test execution, error analysis and debug, and performance testing in Storage Subsystems and products (primarily Isilon).
The primary tasks will be:
- Become knowledgable in primarily Isilon products and how it integrates with host computer systems and the disk and solid state drives in that product.
- This can include host virtualization work to support drive qualification testing via VMWare for server efficiency.
- Learn, experiment and become an expert with various testing techniques to produce test results, find drive code bugs and other drive/system related issues with a test to fail approach and mentality.
- Communicate effectively with personnel and personnel from various drive suppliers.
- Learn and become an expert in how to configure back-end protocol analyzers for SAS and S-ATA on Isilon storage subsystems when disk and solid state drive integration and performance issues occur and analyze the traces generated to root cause drive and system related issues whenever required.
- Work with engineering personnel and outside suppliers to debug disk drive/SSD firmware and system related issues found during testing or in the field.
- Learn and become an expert in how to integrate hosts with storage systems (Isilon primarily).
- Design and implement scripts/applications to help with test automation and emulation, error checking, firmware building, and maintaining standardization.
- Plan and complete testing required for pre-qualification, qualification, and regression testing on new disk drive, SSD products and other technologies.
- Design and implement new ideas that may be more effective and efficient to the Drive Storage Media Engineering (DSME) Evaluation team test strategy.
- Enhance, develop, and execute procedures to test the performance of disk drives, SSD devices and other technologies in primarily Isilon systems with other engineers within the team and at their discretion.
- These performance procedures will be used to compare and improve the particular devices performance characteristics to meet the specifications.
- Also, learn and where necessary, develop performance related tests at the device level outside of the system using Oakgate and other server based test tools.
- Become an expert in system and device level drive performance as a whole.
- He/She will gain strong knowledge of SAS, Serial-ATA, disk and Solid State drives.
- He/She wlll also gain strong knowledge in Isilon products including VMWare.
- He/She will also gain strong knowledge in Linux/UNIX and Windows based operating systems, performance test methodology and test script development for testing of disk and solid state drives inside Isilon products.
- Furthermore, He/She will be working on new technological advances and products that will impact the future of the global information technology market.
An individual with a BS degree in any of the following majors: -Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology -Computer Engineering or Computer Engineering Technology -Computer Science
Skill set required:
-Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
-Knowledge of UNIX/NT/2000/XP operating systems preferred.
-Knowledge of C, C++, Perl, and/or Python programming languages preferred.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Hardware Engineer
Location: Franklin, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 336319
Posted Date: 8/27/2018