Cloud Engineer - Town and Country, MO
Ranked as a Fortune 500 company, our client has have an opening for a Cloud Engineer. Check out the qualifications below. If you think that you meet these, please apply online.
Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO
Who we are:
- We are the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger Corporation.
- We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such alarge company.
- As such, we have a very strongly focused Dev/Ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with development as our core activity.
- We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run. (Everyday. All the time. It’s what we do.)
- We have an opening for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to expand our team of engineers who are developing Cloud offering.
- This person would contribute to building one of the products that run as part of our cloudarchitecture, touching all aspects of the development lifecycle from coding to deployment all the way to support.
Who we hire:
- Just like everyone else, we want to hire unbelievably bright developers, who are a joy to work with, love to work with others, solve problems, listen well, and lead as appropriate. Oh, yeah, they have to love to learn new things, too.
- On top of that, our ideal candidate also should have a passion for cloud computing and for creating applications and services that make developer’s lives easier while helping them create their enterprise-ready applications.
Limiting yourself to just one area of the technology stack would be unthinkable for this kind of developer, so we hope that you are comfortable doing everything from creating beautiful, friendly UIs, to crafting logical and easy to use APIs,all the way to writing distributed computing algorithms between applications running on entirely different clouds.
Since our teams operate in an extremely Agile culture, using a combination of XP and Kanban practices and processes, you’d be encouraged to collaborate closely, deliver small pieces of working software frequently, work in pairs, and think about things like cycle time and WIP limits.
- All of this adds up to an exciting, challenging, and always interesting place to
work, where hard problems are found and solved every day.
Who you are:
- You’re the type that gets things done and solves problems.
- You love coding and are passionate about learning newthings and expanding your skills. You want to contribute, and hopefully, one day, create something that matters to you.
You want freedom to code, without being interrupted by a crazy amount of meetings and interoffice bureaucracy.
You’re a direct but open-minded communicator that’s also transparent and kind.
- If you’re laid back and appreciate anopen door policy that means you can ask anyone anything - this is the job for you.
- This is a full stackposition, so you must love coding both the back and front ends; bonus points awarded if you have cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.), experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker & Kubernetes), and configurationmanagement automation (preferably through Ansible).
- We also love people who contribute to open source projects (send us your GitHub!)
Experienced developers who can help design and implement our vision for the future of Object Storage across our infrastructure.
- This team is responsible for developing our next-generation, open source-based Object Storage solution, integrating it with our Cloud’s infrastructure, and turning it into an easily deployed and supported product.
- Additionally, this team will develop products that are offered to our customers to help them take advantage of the Object Storage offered by our Cloud.
- The job requires expertise in storage systems architecture, performance analysis, monitoring, and scaling.
- 6 or more years’ experience
Adv. Ref. #: 336490
Town and Country, MO
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Town and Country, MO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 336490
Posted Date: 8/22/2018