Engineer Electrical - Warren, MI
- Integral contributor to a team of highly motivated engineers in the development and release of electrical controller modules for advanced steering systems.
- Review specifications for software and electrical controllers on leading edge technologies such as rack and pinion electrical power relative to Nexteer compliance.
- Write Change Requests, Temporary Work Orders and Engineering Work Orders.
- Release Nexteer software, data files and parts into customer system.
- Lead Customer Electrical Product Development Team meetings and maintain program summary sheets.
- Responsible for pulling new part numbers in customers system and maintaining parts log.
- Responsible for maintaining parts tracker.
- Support and provide input for reviews including design, specifications. Provide quality and warranty assessments for field issues, with customer.
- Support customer bench-level updates and customer evaluations on new features and software content.
- Support proving ground, fleet and plant start up activities including trouble shooting and controller reflash.
- Work with customer and Nexteer Electrical Application team on timing and delivery of software.
- Contribute to problem solving activities regarding complex hardware / software design challenges.
- Support flexible work environment, ability to travel as required for Customer and Nexteer Plant support.
- Interface with the Customer, as the Representative of Nexteer, through easy and difficult discussions in a professional manner.
- Educational focus in design/development of electrical and electronics systems in hardware and/or software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with embedded system microcontrollers.
- Ability to work in a fast-passed team environment.
- Aptitude to learn new customer SW applications with attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Hands-on skill set for adapting to Customers Systems, ie: Engineering Change System, Parts Release System, Engineering Document Vault Security, Visual Change Document with Graphics, etc. Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN).
- Familiarity with basic tools that apply to CAN networks.
- Functional understanding of microprocessors and C programming language.
- Automotive engineering experience
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Engineer Electrical
Location: Warren, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 336624
Posted Date: 10/30/2018