Senior Storage Engineer - Round Rock, TX
Location: Can work from Round Rock, TX or Durham, NC
Senior Storage Engineer
The team supports more than 2000 internal applications including ERP, CRM, Data Warehousing, Messaging and many more. The Storage Services team leverages hardware and software products. Our team is responsible for delivering petabytes of storage spanning hundreds of arrays across a network of Global Data Centers and protecting that stored data. This is a midlevel position within the IT Organizationy.
An ideal candidate must demonstrate knowledge and experience on Dell EMC enterprise products. These team members will participate in driving the next generation of storage and data protection solutions and services globally.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• deployment , management, and support of monitoring and alerting tools used in the storage services infrastructure
• design, build, support, and maintain global storage services infrastructure and services
• intake , planning and provisioning, and daily operations storage and data protection services
• storage & data protection SAN management including identification / resolution of performance issues
• proactive preventive maintenance activities on storage and data protection infrastructure
• continuous accurate documentation of the storage services components/infrastructure
• mentoring and developing storage and data protection services team members
• participate in proofs of concept and beta testing efforts, documenting findings and contributing to related services planning and development of Dell product lines.
Critical Hiring Criteria - REQUIRED SKILLS:
• hands on experience in enterprise storage infrastructure and storage services
• experience with enterprise configuration management / change management
• relevant experience in storage administration and/or data protection
• hands on experience in enterprise block and/or file services
• hands on experience with cisco, brocade san / fabric switches
• hands on experience administering storage with Linux, Windows, VMWare, Oracle, and SQL
• hands on experience with Dell EMC storage product lines ( VMAX, VNX, Compellent, Avamar, DataDomain, Networker, Atmos, Centera, ECS, Isilon, EQL )
• hands on experience with SDS technologies such as VSAN, ScaleIO, etc..
• background in linux/unix administration
• SME level knowledge of storage and data protection industry trends
• ability to act independently, under minimal direction
• strong communication skills, both verbally and written
• ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
• ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions including the ability to discuss product architecture and features with internal product teams and external customers
• motivates others and imparts knowledge appropriately throughout the entire organization
• technologist in the storage and backup and archiving fields including in-depth, functional knowledge
• consultative skills which allow for translation of business needs and product features into robust backup and replication programs.
• experience with storage or data protection automation desirable
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Storage Engineer
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 336874
Posted Date: 8/27/2018