Maintenance Tech - Ayer, MA
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, and manufacturer’s preventive maintenance recommendations to ensure maximum capability to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: • Troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical equipment and facilities, and aid in the manufacturing of all company products in a safe and sanitary work environment. • Perform equipment sanitation, CIP, and related activities. • Perform emergency repairs in breakdown situations. • Willing to work flexible hours; some weekends, standby (“on call”) or overtime hours may be necessary • Perform and follow all OSHA guidelines regarding work and safety manuals • Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment as scheduled • Ensure all programs are being upheld and documentation is current.
• Create, edit and revise Mechanical Maintenance SOPs.
• Order, organize, document, and maintain parts inventory.
• Write simple correspondence, and complete manufacturing documentation completely.
• Report food safety problems to Supervisor or Department Head to initiate action.
• Maintain food safety and food quality by completing job tasks and maintaining work area in a sanitary manner.
• Safely maintain and repair all plant equipment.
• Able to possess and maintain a valid forklift license issued by the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• HS Diploma or equivalent; technical school or college degree preferred.
• 3+ years Industrial corrective and preventive maintenance experience preferred.
• 3+ years corrective and preventive maintenance experience in a food/beverage manufacturing environment preferred.
• 3+ years performing corrective and preventive maintenance on Tetra Pak equipment; Tetra Pak TBA/TPA 19 filler experience a plus.
• Knowledge of PLC, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
• Ability to disassemble and assemble all parts of machines and support equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
• Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills to ensure all preventive maintenance is performed per manufacturer’s specifications.
• Must be able to multi-task and adjust priorities as required.
• Working knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems
• Knowledge of boiler function and operation; ability to pass “special” licensing exam for boiler operation.
• Commercial or Master Electrician License a plus
• Ability to perform TIG welding
• A Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Working knowledge of Preventive Maintenance plans and software
• Ability to get along with diverse personalities at all organizational levels; tactful, mature and flexible
• Ability to work independently or as a team, with good written and oral communications skills
• Ability to multi-task projects and day-to-day responsibilities