Manufacturing Controls Engineer - Toledo, OH
- Coordinate and provide Electrical Engineering support during design, install and launch of new program manufacturing equipment.
- Proficiency in writing specifications, request for quotes, requisitions, management of contractor(s) and/or project team(s).
- Ensure that all equipment purchased is compliant to Company's Federal, Provincial and Local Codes.
- Review and approve electrical and fluid power drawings, controls architecture for PLC/CNC/HMI, diagnostics, electrical components, software and HMI screens for the purchased manufacturing equipment.
- Run-off, startup, debug, qualification support and troubleshooting of breakdowns.
- Responsible for equipment build tracking and resolving controls issues from the equipment design phase through the installation.
- Responsible for managing documentation, software and final deliverables including hand-off to OEM plants.
- Additional responsibilities will include the implementation of Information Technology applications (MPTS, FIS, etc.), part traceability and WCM (World Class Manufacturing) requirements as outlined by Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Will be required to drive a company vehicle.
- Valid driver's license along with a clean driving record is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Auto Cad and PLC/CNC programming proficiency is required.
- Must be able to provide and verify information pertaining to Ontario PSSR.
- 3 - 5 years experience.
- PLC and CNC Programming, Allen-Bradley PLC (including Safety PLC)
- Experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics design.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Outlook experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction (Self Motivated).
- Strong written/oral communication. Ability to communicate to all levels of management levels.
- Excellent people skills and able to work within a team.
- Ability to function in platform and team settings.
- Advanced Degree is Preferred.
- 5 years in manufacturing, controls engineering, maintenance or related field.
- PLC and CNC Programming, Siemens, Fanuc and Nachi Controls is a plus.
- Robotics, High Pressure Die Casting or related Casting Technologies and Conveyor Experience.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing Controls Engineer
Location: Toledo, OH
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 336999
Posted Date: 10/18/2018