QC Lab Technician - Newport, DE
Quality Control Laboratory Technician
Newport, DE 19804
Contract to Perm
Hours: This is for a second shift position 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm Monday to Friday with rotating weekends. Training will be 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
**Environment is Manufacturing support, production environment/lab position.
Job Description: Job Responsibilities:
• Top priority is to ensure safe completion of all tasks and keeping all related training up to date.
• High volume, often routine Quality Control lab analysis.
• Communicate test results in a timely fashion to support the Mfg. process.
• Must also ensure accuracy and consistency of data.
• Weekend and Holiday rotations.
• Cylinder handling.
• Mechanically inclined, adept in the assembly of tube/pipe fitting type samples.
• Cross-train on a variety of analytical lab tests (product performance tests, KF, GC, UV, etc.)
• Perform calibration and selected preventive maintenance of lab equipment.
• Work with laboratory personnel and contacts to ensure supplies are maintained and instrument maintenance is appropriate for laboratory
• Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the lab and company (update work instructions, quality functions, quality assurance issues, etc.).
• Duties include safe handling of hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and ensuring that spent materials are disposed of in appropriate receptacles on-site.
High School diploma or GED required
1+years with appropriate instrumentation and data interpretation in a production laboratory environment
Mechanically inclined, adept in the assembly of tube/pipe fitting type samples.
Good computer skills required (scientific instrument software, Word, Excel, Outlook)
Must be able to work in a team environment with good communication skills including presentations to customers
Must have initiative and be self-motivated
Good organization skills
Ability to work under time pressure on multiple requests
Good verbal and written communication skills
Associate science degree or comparable work experience preferred
Must be able to work an off shift & weekends with possible call ins and overtime
Work environment is a laboratory.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds with the help of coworkers
It is critical to comply with personal protective equipment requirements.
There are extended periods of working in a standing position.
Associates of science degree or comparable work experience
Please send your current Resume for official consideration (Word or Text format preferred).
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: QC Lab Technician
Location: Newport, DE
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337023
Posted Date: 8/27/2018