Advanced Tool Design Specialist - Auburn Hills, MI
The Indirect Purchasing organization has an Advance Tool Design Specialist position available.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Follow multiple commodities from part back side development to part production capable.
- Support Feasibility Specialist documentation (support tooling assumptions).
- Confirm that the back side features are designed correctly.
- Create and develop 3D model tooling actions to confirm viability.
- Initiate Mold Flow with Mold Specialist and Stake holders.
- Create tooling requests for quotes (Source packages).
- Approve part design is ready for production tooling (OKTT- OK to tool)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent accreditation).
- 7 years minimum of working in the design of injection molds and manufacturing of molds.
- Ability to view/interpret mold flow analysis.
- Understand hot runner manifold functionality.
- Experience to identify tool modifications required to manufacture a dimensionally correct and functional part.
- Proficient and knowledgeable with NX and Team Center.
- Mold design and build experience.
- 10+ years of working experience in the design/build of injection molds.
- Production manufacturing experience of plastic parts.
- Knowledge in tool costs.
- Self-motivated / sense of ownership.
- Sense of urgency.
- Some overtime/weekend hours required.
- Some travel required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Experience presenting to senior management. Microsoft Office Suite.
- May be required to travel domestically up to 20% (plants, suppliers)
- Will be required to travel internationally (Canada, Mexico,i.e.) 5-20%.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Advanced Tool Design Specialist
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337103
Posted Date: 8/29/2018