Interior – Systems and Components Cost Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Individual is responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned components throughout program life (establishing piece cost and tooling investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and cost analysis for design changes).
- Working from BOM, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost for Interior components and systems using historical data, directional cost models, and ultimately activity based costing methodologies.
- Individual provides subject matter expertise (cost & process) to support engineering and purchasing at working levels and to executive leadership.
- Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing.
- Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or other college-level education from an ABET accredited university with relevant experience may be considered
- 5 or more years of experience working in an automotive environment (either OEM or supplier) with automotive HVAC systems.
- This role is responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned HVAC components (unit, compressor, plumbing lines and hoses, sensors, etc..) throughout program life, i.e. establishing piece cost targets, negotiation support for new business placement, and cost analysis for design changes.
- 2 or more years of experience working directly with interiors systems.
- Prior experience with costing, quoting or cost negotiation highly desirable
- 2 years of experience with activity based costing and/or quoting
- Understanding of production implementation & processes for interior components
- Strong negotiation skills
- Solid leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically 20% *May be required to travel internationally 10%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Interior – Systems and Components Cost Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337176
Posted Date: 8/29/2018