Bi-lingual procurement specialist - Boston, MA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Procurement Specialist will work as a member of the Global Sourcing team to source, seek and deliver goods and services at the best cost. The incumbent will also be responsible for the execution and delivery of goods and services to meet the company’s operational and organizational requirement, as well as for entering and tracking Contracts and Purchase Requisitions.
· Purchase materials, components, and contract manufacturing services from a variety of sources, including maintaining associated ERP system requirements.
· Negotiate costs of goods with suppliers; manage vendor relationships with key component suppliers and contract manufacturers.
· Work directly with the different teams (operations, engineering, program management) to ensure suppliers understand company requirements and can deliver as needed.
· Evaluate, select and negotiate with appropriate suppliers based on supplier capacities, capabilities, cost and quality.
· Maintain and develop new suppliers throughout North America.
· Maintain accurate and complete records related to all purchasing and supporting activities.
· Report status to the team and provides solutions to delivery and/or quality issues.
· Issue Purchase Orders and Production Orders to supplier while maintaining status updates.
· Ensure the best quality and value of assigned commodities by creatively monitoring schedules and delivery.
· Supplier and system management including: Vendor Info, Product lead-time, MOQ (minimum order quantity), and Vendor Trade Agreements.
· Work closely with logistic partners scheduling shipments, maximizing discounts and minimizing financial outlay for freight through all stages of the supply chain.
· Proactively work to resolve supply chain issues across multiple functions matching customer expectations, supply chain capabilities.
· Utilize ERP systems and reporting functions to assists in resolving issues, and proposes action plans.
· Provide back up support within broader Supply Chain team as needed.
· Maintain the highest ethical standards internally and with external supplier partners.
· Perform related tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
· Government contracting and change management experience a plus; engineering knowledge of train/transit construction/manufacturing/assembling a plus.
· Relevant experience in a previous role, within the manufacturing industry. Understanding of manufacturing and assembly, or related field a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers; excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
· Excellent systems aptitude (ProLog, SAP experience a plus).
· Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Must speak Mandarin and English.