Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic - Dearborn, MI
- Responsible for developing complex technical specifications at system level and sub-system level.
- Works with cross functional groups to develop interoperability interfaces across sub systems and translate them into sub system level requirements for building state-of-the-art connected vehicle systems architecture.
- Responsible for managing technical requirements to multiple sub systems and provide guidance on system design and technologies.
- Take leadership role working closely with Global Service Delivery Network teams, in vehicle ECU teams, wireless carriers to design and develop feature requirements.
- Implement Engineering Design Change Proposals
- Supports Issue Resolution as needed
- Create solutions to wireless connectivity, reliability and performance issues found within the development process.
- Build and maintain relationships across the cellular network, WIFI & mobile device
- Work closely with the Validation team to address issues found, review root cause analysis and proposed fixes, and ensure Test Procedures cover current design
- Maintain a product DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Manage project timeline to achieve project milestones
- Responsible for DVP&R (Design Verification Process and Report) to validate product according to customer requirements
- Responsible for engineering interfaces between different cloud architecture
- Provide guidance and inputs for feature design verification plans working with requirements engineering teams and feature owners.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics engineering, computer engineering or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in solution design and product development.
- Experience in Telematics application solution design, embedded modem integration, integration with wireless carrier networks.
- Experience developing software using C /C ++.
- Thorough understanding of CAN and Ethernet
- Thorough understanding of wireless technology (3GPP, LTE)
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering- Wireless Communication
- Deep understanding of Messaging Middleware, Enterprise Service Bus and Service Orchestration is required. Knowledge of API management, API lifecycle is preferred.
- Experience working with telematics communication protocols and knowledge of Internet of Things protocols is highly preferred.
- Experience working with connection manager is highly preferred.
5 or more years of experience in automotive solution design and product development.
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics engineering, computer engineering or equivalent
Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering- Wireless Communication
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337241
Posted Date: 11/28/2018