Test Storage Engineer - Austin, TX
Test Storage Engineer
* Executes test methods and utilizes test tools to enable product testing of new platform, storage, peripheral and software products and technologies.
* Works with the Lead Test Engineer to determine day to day execution efforts
* Works across internal test groups and development teams to establish end-to-end test planning and execution strategies.
* Works across test groups to reduce test redundancy and close gaps in test coverage.
* Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining optimal results while minimizing critical delays in schedules and/or business operations and activities.
Candidate familiar with testing storage array products and RAID technology.
PLEASE ENSURE SKILLS ARE REFLECTED ON RESUMES AS WELL AS WHEN SKILLS WERE UTILIZED. RECENT EXPERIENCE (WITHIN LAST 6 MONTHS) IS HIGHLY PREFERRED. Candidates MUST have experience in the following technology areas:
*Enterprise-level servers and Storage enclosures.
*Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
* ability to write tests scripting using C language.
*General familiarity and test experience with Enterprise tape drive and tape libraries is preferable.
*Experience with creating and executing test plans.
Other desired skills include:
* Detail-oriented with attention to product quality.
* Ability to operate under date-driven schedules.
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to easily achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems.
* Proficient in reading and understanding technical data sheets.
* BS in CS, EE, or equivalent experience
*4-6 years of test engineer experience
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Test Storage Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337382
Posted Date: 8/29/2018