Network Technician - 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM - Wake Forest, NC
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Network Technician to work on a team at our client site in Wake Forest, NC. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
This position is Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., but candidate needs to be able to work other shifts as needed.
• Act as technical leader for the network operations center team and as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on network and customer related issues
• Track major service outages and other service affecting activities. Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution. Perform case management function on outages as required.
• Handle internal/external customer escalations via phone, tickets or email and escalate further any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or manager as necessary.
• Assist with monitoring, overflow phone queue calls, and creating and handling repair tickets or service orders for customers as needed.
• Develop, maintain, and assist with providing initial training for new employees.
• Provide technical information or direction for less experienced employees as assigned.
• Analyze current network support processes and update as needed and/or refer priority issues to management.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work any shift in a 24x7 environment.
• Associates degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking and/or Electronics or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Network Equipment Maintenance or Support, or the equivalent in training, experience and education.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience required in specific network equipment maintenance.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking or related field.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience with Cisco, ADTRAN, Meraki, or Juniper devices.
• Vendor certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Meraki, Juniper, etc.)
• Experience in Data Troubleshooting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
• Advanced knowledge of SolarWinds.
• Experience with use of Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
• ITIL 2011 certification
Wake Forest, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Technician - 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337661
Posted Date: 8/31/2018