Electrical Engineer - Anaheim , CA
We are currently seeking a seasoned Power / Electrical Engineer for a 12+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Anaheim, CA. The qualified Engineer III will be responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications. He/she will provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under moderate supervision; and will participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
- Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
- Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or magnetic components.
- Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
- Perform hardware bring-up and integration and support power conversion systems hardware / software integration.
- Provide complete documentation, product verification and parts list.
- Write product and test specifications.
- Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing, production and fielded equipment.
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
- Take directions from Project Engineer or Power Engineering Department Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
- Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
- Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
- Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
Education / Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university
- 5-10 years of experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent experience and/or training.
Anaheim , CA
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Anaheim , CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337674
Posted Date: 8/31/2018