Manufacturing Engineer - York, PA
Job Title: 2nd Shift Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: York, PA
• We currently have openings in York, PA for 2nd Shift Manufacturing Engineers to work on a Military Vehicle Program. Must have experience in evaluating and supporting manual portable operation, drilling, tapping, milling, boring, and fixture evaluation.
• Provides engineering and technical support for manual machining operations and some weld operations in fabrication/manufacture of products.
• Researches, develops, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials.
• Researches and recommends weld equipment, identifying limitations and capabilities.
• Develops and tests work methods and procedures, ensuring performance and quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards.
• Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
• Provides training to the bargaining unit employees on work instructions and processes.
• Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
• Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
• Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
• Knowledge of manual machining processes and safe use of common manual air tools.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a fabrication environment
• Experience in evaluating and supporting manual portable operation, drilling, tapping, milling, boring, and fixture evaluation.
• Machinist skill set for manual operation (i.e. Air drills, portable facing and boring mills, tapping).
• The ability to research and solve fixture/process issues.
• Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards.
• Prefer engineering experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
• B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline; or an Associate degree / Machinist certification and 5 years relevant experience.
• These positions are for 2nd shift operation typical work hours 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm - Will train on 1st shift for up to 3 weeks.
• Candidate MUST be shift flexible; things change
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: York, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337722
Posted Date: 9/6/2018