Inventory Accountant - Cordova, TN
We are currently seeking an Inventory Accountant for a 6+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Cordova, TN. The qualified candidate will be an integral member of the Finance team for the North America region. This individual will be responsible for the preparation of reconciliations and analysis of the field inventory/asset balances within the Advanced Surgical Devices business lines.
Responsibilities: (Specifies % amount against each responsibility)
Inventory count reconciliation process (100%):
- Liaise with Commercial Field Logistics team to ensure inventory/asset count plans are up to date and plan timing for preparation of reconciliations to be performed in advance of district/area count 5%
- Obtain reports from SAP, OSC and other related systems to reconcile inventory/asset movements of actual inventory and assets held at locations within region. This drives the assessment of outcome of the counts. 15%
- Support the Commercial Field Logistics team post count to ensure initial results are validated and is reasonable (at a high level) 15%
- Work with Commercial Field Logistics and inventory specialist in the field to ensure all reconciling items are supported and proposals for final adjustments are validated and appropriately reviewed and approved 15%
- Confirm inventory adjustments made in SAP are aligned to the approved proposal above and provide updates to management on the impact of adjustments to the P&L 10%
- Assist in the logistics of the inventory validation process and play a key role in ensuring the end to end field inventory and asset count processes are robust and based on complete and accurate data 10%
- Develop a deep understanding of the supply chain model inventory/asset model to identify risks and opportunities for improvements in the field inventory and asset management. 10%
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects / requests of varying duration 20%
Education / Licenses:
Minimum Bachelors in Accounting and/or Finance
CPA license (or international equivalent) recommended (not required)
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Strong Understanding of SOX compliance and integrated audits.
- Very strong with MS Excel experience , SAP experience a plus
- Experience auditing clients with significant amounts of inventory, or working in a public company with significant amounts of inventory
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Solid financial / accounting acumen.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to focus on the details while grasping the wider concepts.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Inventory Accountant
Location: Cordova, TN
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 337765
Posted Date: 8/31/2018