Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Redwood City, CA
Our client is delivering leading-edge optical technologies, they are providing the most advanced clinically relevant endo-imaging solutions.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for Catheter manufacturing engineering. S/he will need to anticipate problems pro-actively and stop them from becoming issues. The main responsibility of this individual is to streamline and stabilize the process, and to improve product yield and operator productivity.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Redesign manufacturing processes for maximum efficiency.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Minimum Education: BS in Engineering, or equivalent engineering education and experience
• Directly-related industry experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience Manufacturing Methods, Procedures Product Development
• CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
• Medical Device, specifically, Catheter manufacturing experience.
• Knowledge of Software Validation
• Experience in statistics
• Experience with work with suppliers
Redwood City, CA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 337996
Posted Date: 9/4/2018