Technical Product Manager - Round Rock, TX
Technical Product Manager/Owner / 338182
Duration: Temp to Perm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Seeking a Mid-level Technical Product Owner to lead the development and delivery of their ecommerce features. This Product Owner will be responsible for delivering projects in a dynamic, fast paced, scalable agile ecommerce environment. PO’s in DCS oversee the technical delivery of assigned features, ensuring they are developed as designed, tested, and released into upper-level environments.
Importantly, Product Owners are responsible for validating the quality and content of the product backlogs and then building the development backlogs for the feature teams. The PO/TPM in many cases will also fill the role of Agile Lead for the development teams.
The PO/TPM directs and collaborates with the other members of the program leadership team to ensure the development backlogs and sprints are scoped, sequenced, and delivered in the priority of business value and need.
- Responsible for consistent application of all standard project management methodology processes, tools, and documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Drives all aspects of program management activity, including collaborating and coordinating across the organization and ensuring the following
- You will be responsible for identifying and managing risks, making sound judgments about quality, and stopping (or speeding up) production at the right time.
- Leading and coordination of design/implementation efforts between internal teams and external customers and/or partners
- Driving user story brainstorming, review, and clarification sessions with software and quality engineering teams
- Deep diving on key architectural components; discuss, debate and influence technical teams on system design
- Translate Feature requirements into Technical requirements to enable Dev to solution it
- Do an impact analysis to identify impacted apps, dependencies and manage interlocks
- Create Sprint backlog in TFS (including, requirements, tasks)
- Continually and proactively identify and mitigate risks early on
- Ensure SDETs understand the functional delivery and have exhaustive test coverage
- Collaborate with Program Managers to ensure that they get required updates
- Adhere to all milestones (DIT, SIT, UAT, Perf, Feature Complete, end-2-end)
- Deliver demo and retrospectives at the end of the Sprint and get a sign off from POs
- Ensure that TFS is a single source of updated status for Sprint deliverables
- Meet release milestones
- Ensure scope for the Release is communicated to all stakeholders, Program Managers, Release Management, end-2-end)
- Engage Security consultant (GSRM) & Perf team
- Manage Audit and Compliance deliverables
- 5+ years IT Project Management or engineering experience preferably with external customer facing web software/ecommerce projects.
- Experience managing large programs with distributed teams (global) - this PO will manage up to 4 different feature productions at one time
- Expert with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Strong and demonstrable external client facing skills specifically in the areas of communication, issue and escalation management.
- Ability to build relationships across the enterprise, and understand at a high level what initiatives are moving forward in other IT areas. –
- Ability to identify leverage opportunities and communicate them to the project teams and/or business partners.
- Strong understanding of the links and dependencies between the projects and other in-flight projects and/or business initiatives.
- MBA Strongly preferred
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Product Manager
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338182
Posted Date: 9/6/2018