Mechanical Engineer - Hickory, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a mechanical engineer to work onsite in Hickory, NC. While this is a 12+ month contract positon it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
Scope of Position:
• In this role, you will lead a specific cross-functional project and team to deliver new product(s) that meet customer requirements and the needs of the business. You will manage the project through the defined problem-solving process at the plant and business level and collaborate with research, development and manufacturing organizations for successful transfer of new products and processes. We look for you to provide technical guidance to ensure that the project is feasible and achieves desired objectives.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide project leadership for key project including new product and process development.
• Establish overall project plan (scope, schedule, cost estimates, project acceptance criteria, and risk management, etc.)
• Remove obstacles to effective project execution by coordinating and communicating with functional support departments and internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Mechanical Engineering (BS minimum)
• Required Years and Area of Experience (minimum required for consideration):
7+ years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing/laboratory setting and a track record of successfully solving problems and achieving results
Required Skills: (These are skills that candidates MUST possess)
• Understanding of root cause analysis, and problem-solving methods.
• MS Office suite and MS Project
• Strong leadership and social skills. Demonstrated active leadership ability to establish direction, challenging goals, and clear expectations in aiming to achieve results.
• Results oriented with excellent decision-making skills and the ability to effectively analyze and interpret data from multiple sources and establish direction as required.
• Hands-on worker willing to get hands dirty and run experiments on the manufacturing line.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Hickory, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338203
Posted Date: 9/6/2018