Controls Technician - Addison, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Controls Technician to work onsite in Addison, NY for a year long contract. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.Summary: Encompasses technological and operating principles contained in all aspects of electrical communications, especially computer algorithms, architecture, operating systems, and software, for the usage, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computers and electronic devices used to control machines and manufacturing processes. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Experience integrating field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems into an overall controls package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
• Experience with PID control loop tuning and techniques.
• Experience working closely with IT & process engineers to implement control sequence logic (both time-based and event-based), fail-safe states and process / equipment recovery sequences.
• Experience with graphical user interface and human machine interface.
• Experience working within engineering project teams.
• Accurately estimates timeframe to complete assigned project work, once scope of work is adequately defined, then completes work to agreed-to timeline.
• Understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, programming, and system integration.
• Demonstrated ability to support the development and delivery of fully integrated machine and motion control, automation, and process machine systems and solutions within a manufacturing environment.
• Familiar with state of the art technologies in the following areas: control systems integration, controls architectures, PLCs, motion control systems, electro-mechanical drive systems, robotics, part sensing, vision, risk assessment, and safety systems.
• Ability to work in a team based environment and lead or participate on a highly matrixed team.
• Possesses an understanding of general mechanics and ability to apply that understanding during troubleshooting and system implementation.
• Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused, with a high commitment level.
• Must be able to program in ladder logic or equivalent.
• Experienced in the checkout and verification of electrical control panels.
• Must be Microsoft Excel savvy
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 8am - 8pm and 8pm - 8am 2-week rotation
Education: AAS Required, Field in the sciences
Experience: 5+ Years
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Technician
Location: Addison, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338239
Posted Date: 9/7/2018