Technician - Rack & Stack - Durham, NC
Engineering Technician 2
6 Months, possible extension
1st shift, 8-5
Responsible for working on special assignments and prototype development projects. Works from developed test plans and written or verbal instructions. Constructs, troubleshoots and tests prototype assemblies, as well as assists engineers in the development process and test phase of prototype systems.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Assists tech engineers in diagnosing prototype design flaws
• Complex network cabling installation and removal, Rack & Stack of various computer equipment, assist Sr. level Technicians with OS Installs.
• Daily communication primarily with colleagues within functional area and senior members of the department. May have basic dealings with external clients or customers.
• Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope. Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures.
• Manage priorities given by manager, contributes to team efforts to achieve goals. Seizes opportunities quickly and completes task completely. Leads others to do the same.
• Works under normal supervision. Follows established procedures. Detailed instructions given for new assignments. Work is reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
• Work/collaborate cross functionally with team members, internal and external stakeholder organizations to maintain a reliable testing environment.
• 1-3 years related experience.
• Demonstrated professional communication skills. Capable of representing the organization. Builds relationships based on trust. Can create/manage communication using MS Office products.
• Working knowledge of networking technologies.
• Basic skills with configuration of multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, UNIX.
• Support for infrastructure (24/7)
• AAS degree in Computer Science
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technician - Rack & Stack
Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338326
Posted Date: 9/7/2018