Telecommunications Engineer - Wake Forest, NC
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a telecommunications engineer to work onsite in Wake Forest, NC. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
The shift for this position will be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 8:20 p.m
• Act as technical leader for the network operations center team and as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on network and customer related issues
• Track major service outages and other service affecting activities. Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution. Perform case management function on outages as required.
• Analyze current network support processes and update as needed and/or refer priority issues to management.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work any shift in a 24x7 environment.
The shift for this position will probably be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 8:20 p.m
• Associates degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking and/or Electronics or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Network Equipment Maintenance or Support, or the equivalent in training, experience and education.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience required in specific network equipment maintenance.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Willingness to attend Vendor-Specific product training as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking or related field.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Vendor certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Meraki, Juniper, etc.)
• Experience in Data Troubleshooting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
• Advanced knowledge of SolarWinds.
• Experience with Cisco, ADTRAN, Meraki, or Juniper devices.
• Experience training employees in a classroom environment.
• Experience with technical document writing.
• Experience with use of Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
• ITIL 2011 certification
Wake Forest, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Telecommunications Engineer
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338335
Posted Date: 9/7/2018