General Ledger Accountant - Houston, TX
This is a hands-on and challenging role, working closely with various personnel throughout the organization, at all levels, in multiple domestic and international locations, ensuring general ledger activity is properly recorded. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task under a deadline-oriented environment. Prefer a candidate with a background working in a fast-paced, distribution and high-volume business environment. Candidate must have the ability to be both detail-oriented and analyze information from a high level perspective. The position prepares monthly journal entries and reconciliations, analyzes intercompany purchase price variance, and resolves aging sub-ledger and reconciling items.
- Intricate member of the Accounting team involved in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes.
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger such as expense allocations, expense and balance sheet reclasses, supported by appropriate documentation.
- Performs intercompany purchase price variance analysis and intercompany goods in transit roll-forward.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries and reports.
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations monthly, such as Unvouchered receipts, Materials in Transit, WIP, Inventory finished goods, and receiving and inspection.
- Assists with the preparation of deliverables required for quarterly financial review meetings.
- Assists the Accounting Supervisor and Accounting Manager with internal and external audit requests
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with emphasis on Excel
- Experience supporting financial and SOX compliance, internal and external audits.
- Experience with Oracle and Virtual Trader a plus.
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- CPA licensed or CPA eligible is a plus
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 338501
Posted Date: 9/7/2018