Network Security Solutions Architect - Bethesda, MD
Network Security Solutions Architect
We are currently seeking a Network Security Solutions Architect for a 6+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Bethesda, MD. The qualified candidate will advise on security architecture and change control issues related to IT infrastructure of company customers. This pertains to Threat Management, Log Management, Network and Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems, DDOS, Two-Factor Authentication, Web Application Firewalls, CISCO Firewalls etc.
Additional Responsibilities/ Skills:
- Interface with customers internal staff to support the customers IT and security teams on audit and oversight requests related to company-managed infrastructure.
- Strong Analysis Skills to perform network and system vulnerability assessments, identifying and prioritizing security issues, and documenting findings and recommendations.
- Strong Analysis Skills and review of security events and collect metrics based on technologies such as Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS), escalating and reporting on issues according to customer and company requirements.
- Strong Analysis and Compliance Skills:
- Review and analyze security events and alerts and provide customer with a high level summary of any ongoing or potential threats
- Log Management Reviews (significant expertise with Log Logic or similar platforms)
- Perform Intrusion Detection Reviews (significant expertise with CISCO NIDS and Tripwire or similar platforms)
- Perform Firewall Rules Reviews, Firewall Engg tasks and adhoc implementation (expertise in CISCO ASA Firewalls, Palo Alto or similar platforms)
- Review Web Application Firewalls Logs (significant expertise with Imperva or similar platforms)
- Perform Analysis and Reviews for DDOS Solutions. Security services including audit and assessment activities, compliance arguments and documentation, and continuous monitoring services in accordance with the templates and requirements for FedRAMP approval to operate (ATO) and/or FISMA ATO processes per Agency requirement.
- Work with the assigned ISSO, Security Team, and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Team to provide security operations services, as well as the related compliance activities, across the full security management cycle, with specificity to SaaS Cloud Operations engagements.
- Provide Security services to keep current the established FedRAMP documentation library, related Policies and procedure documents, and related artifacts.
- Provide Security services to support tactical and strategic initiatives as required for maintaining existing ATO compliance and in support of the FedRAMP certification program.
- Provide support for continued compliance to the Risk Management Framework and Agency specific policy and requirements through understanding of the installed customer supporting infrastructure, its operation, and its security posture.
- Understand new laws, regulations, policies, and frameworks/framework updates and provide consultation, recommendations, and implementation advice as part of the team.
- Recommend security patches that should be applied to company-managed IT infrastructure, accounting for the customers’ requirements.
- Communicate with the customer regarding pertinent information security issues and provide periodic security posture updates.
- Strong Analysis Skills to architect complex IT hosting solutions by providing security subject-matter expertise in a consultative manner.
- Must have 10 years of experience as an information security professional in the security consulting space.
- At least two security-related certifications, such as GSEC and CISSP. CISSP is required
- Customer-facing and about to set and manage expectations with client stake-holders and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to make and take responsibility for decisions on major technical issues.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Information security standards (Security architecture analysis, Security Administration and Network and Firewall Engineering).
- Demonstrated experience with FISMA, FedRAMP, Continuous Monitoring practices, POAM maintenance is required.
- Ability to read, interpret, analyze and communicate Level 3 network diagrams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives.
- Resilience and ability to handle stressful situations effectively while managing several tasks.
- Communicate with the client regarding pertinent information security issues and provide periodic security posture updates.
- Ability to work within a defined change management process and willingness to participate in periodic after-hours scheduled maintenance.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and demonstrate initiative.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Security Solutions Architect
Location: Bethesda, MD
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338605
Posted Date: 9/11/2018