Network Security Engineer - San Marcos, TX
Ranked as a Fortune 500 company, we have an opening for a Network Security Engineer. Check out the qualifications below. If you think that you meet these, please apply online.
Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: Fort Sam Houston, TX
Note: Must be US Citizen and clearable for security clearance (No 3rd party candidates)
Summary: As a Host Based Security System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing high-quality technical and configuration management support for the U.S. Army IMCOM G6 virtual hosting platforms on both the NIPRNET and Commercial network.
• Manage and maintain enterprise level HBSS, End Point Security configuration for both virtual hosting environments
• Work directly with System Owners to resolve HBSS, End Point Security related issues on both virtual hosting environments as well as Garrison level assets
• Develop and maintain a Knowledge Base for troubleshooting and maintaining HBSS on both virtual hosting environments
• Enforce configuration management controls for HBSS, End Point Security on both virtual hosting environments
• Member of the IMCOM G6 Configuration Control Board (CCB)
• Provide regular reports to the government on HBSS related issues
• Provide training (as required) to government personnel
• Create/design deployment guides/tutorials for HBSS operations
• Research and resolve HBSS, End Point Security related issues reported by end users
• 10+ years of enterprise system administration
• Understanding of HBSS, MacAfee End Point Security
• Superb project management, follow-through, and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
• Subject Matter Expert in virtualization, managing and securing operating systems
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Windows Server, Red Hat Linux and VMWare ESXi
• Experience with Active Directory, Group Policies, Permissions and applying Security Templates
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be able to effectively work well with others
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or applicable work experience)
• In accordance with AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act, personnel requiring access to government Facilities must possess a favorably adjudicated Single Scope Back Ground Check as well as a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) with a FINAL favorable investigation achieved. Additionally a favorable health assessment to include required immunizations is also required.
• Information Assurance Requirement: Per DoDD 8570.1, the contract employee must possess one of the following DoD-approved baseline certifications associated with IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP) within 6 months of start date.
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or greater, Red Hat Linux 6 or higher, VMWare ESXi # or greater.
• Host Based Security System Administrator certification
Adv. Ref. #: 338825
San Marcos, TX
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338825
Posted Date: 9/12/2018