Database Administrator - San Marcos, TX
Ranked as a Fortune 500 company, we have an opening for a Database Administrator. Check out the qualifications below. If you think that you meet these, please apply online.
Title: Database Administrator
Location: Fort Sam Houston, TX
Note: Must be US Citizen and clearable for security clearance (No 3rd party candidates)
Summary: As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for providing high-quality technical and configuration management support for a variety of Databases hosted on the U.S. Army IMCOM G6 virtual hosting platforms on both the NIPRNET and Commercial network.
• Manage and maintain various type and size databases used to support both IMCOM G6 virtual hosting environments
• Work directly with System Owners to resolve issues related to applications on both virtual hosting environments
• Develop and maintain a Knowledge Base for troubleshooting and maintaining databases on both virtual hosting environments
• Perform system patching, upgrades and apply Standard Security Templates to applicable databases and servers.
• Enforce configuration management controls on both virtual hosting environments
• Member of the IMCOM G6 Configuration Control Board (CCB)
• Provide regular reports to the government on related issues
• Provide training (as required) to government personnel
• Create/design deployment guides/tutorials for each of the virtual hosting operations
• Research and resolve database related issues for each of the virtual hosting environments
• 10+ years of enterprise database administration
• Understanding of how to manage and maintain a complex database environment with in a virtualized operation.
• Superb project management, follow-through, and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
• Subject Matter Expert in virtualization, managing and securing MS SQL, MYSQL and Oracle Databases
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or greater and Oracle 11 or greater
• Experience with LDAP, Security Permissions and applying Security Templates to the Database environments
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be able to effectively work well with others
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
• In accordance with AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act, personnel requiring access to government Facilities must possess a favorably adjudicated Single Scope Back Ground Check as well as a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) with a FINAL favorable investigation achieved. Additionally a favorable health assessment to include required immunizations is also required.
• Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or applicable work experience)
• Information Assurance Requirement: Per DoDD 8570.1, the contract employee must possess one of the following DoD-approved baseline certifications associated with IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP) within 6 months of start date
• Microsoft SQL 2012 or greater, Oracle 11 or greater
Adv. Ref. #: 338826
San Marcos, TX
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Database Administrator
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338826
Posted Date: 9/12/2018