Shipyard Project Manager - Alameda, CA
Our clients primary focus is on the construction and repair of wooden ships. Their commitment to quality construction and repair is widely recognized throughout the commercial vessel community. That reputation is well-known to experienced owners.
A Project Manager is responsible for the profit/loss, quality, schedule, risk control and customer satisfaction of each project. S/he has full authority to make demands upon and direct all available resources necessary to achieve the following.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Project Planning & Control
• The Project Manager is responsible for full compliance with the Project Planning & Control Procedure, including development and management of a Project Plan which effectively defines the task and craft assignment logic necessary to achieve performance objectives within the shortest achievable project duration.
• Schedule Management: Ensure that resources are effectively applied to meet project milestones, as defined by the Project Plan. Routinely monitor completion status and make necessary adjustments to maintain the schedule and accomplish the shortest achievable project duration.
• Quality Management: Develop, monitor and manage an effective Quality Control Plan for each project. Ensure full compliance with customer, regulatory and quality control standards. Ensure that all QC documentation is executed and filed as required.
• Cost Management: Ensure project performance objectives are achieved at minimum cost. Develop a well-defined Project Budget for each project. Continually monitor cost vs. budget status and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that cost does not exceed budget.
2. Resource Management
• Workforce: Ensure optimum workforce staffing for each project, as available within the manpower system. Effectively communicate with, monitor and supervise the workforce as required by the Project Supervisor Daily Procedure.
• Equipment: Ensure that all projects are fully mobilized, supported and maintained in accordance with the Site Mobilization & Control Procedure. Minimize lost production time caused by lack or failure of equipment. Ensure that all tools and equipment are returned at project completion.
• Material/Subs: Ensure that all material and subcontractors are on site, when required, at optimum cost. Minimize lost production time caused by lack of, or insufficient, material. Ensure that all subcontractors submit required insurance documentation prior to start.
3. Risk Management
• Safety & Environmental: Effectively monitor and control production activity to minimize risk to personnel, the environment, equipment, facilities and customer assets. Ensure full compliance by project personnel with policy and regulations.
• Contracts: Minimize contractual risk; ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Satisfy the obligations, terms and conditions under which the project is being performed. Effectively manage change orders.
• Financial: Ensure compliance with relevant sections of the Project Financial Control manual for each project under management.
4. Customer Management
• Customer Relations: Maintain cordial and effective relations with assigned customers. Routinely and effectively communicate project status, schedule and other relevant information to the customer.
• Mission Statement: Ensure Absolute Customer Satisfaction; that every customer on every project leaves the yard with full intention to return.
5. Continual Improvement
• Project Management: Routinely review completed projects; identify and apply solutions to improve your effectiveness as a Project Manager.
• Organizational: Routinely contribute to the improvement of the shipyard organization. Assist and support other managers and departments as appropriate. Accomplish additional tasks as assigned and as necessary for the success of the organization.
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Shipyard Project Manager
Location: Alameda, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 338849
Posted Date: 9/12/2018