IT Test Manager - Painted Post, NY
IT Test Manager
We are currently seeking an IT Test Manager for a 3+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Painted Post, NY. The qualified candidates will work directly with Project Management, Technical Leadership, Functional and Business resources to provide Testing and Quality Services. Focus on successful implementation of projects (low defects, on time, and within budget). Types of projects include ERP applications, Cloud, SAAS/Packaged software, custom software, services, or infrastructure. Provide Test and SDLC Leadership for assigned projects. Leading, Organizing and coordination of all testing efforts on assigned projects.
Responsible for the following:
- Delivering a Comprehensive Test Approach/Strategy including performance testing
- Utilizing standard Testing Tool set including Quality Center, QTP, and Performance Center
- Delivering a Detailed Test Plan
- Appropriate level of detail of Test Scripts
- Administration of SDLC Process
- Responsible for assisting project/functional personnel in the development of test scripts and or use cases.
- Responsible for reporting on testing and testing process for the duration of the project including daily meetings, test summaries and driving the testing process and defect resolution process.
- Learn company SDLC processes and provide coaching, direction, and expertise to the Project manager and project team.
- Lead and facilitate SDLC Inspections of key documentation.
- Lead performance testing for assigned projects utilizing appropriate tool sets. If necessary, give direction to technical resources on performance or load testing scripts.
- Manage any impact of Project changes to testing schedule and process.
- Communicate project testing issues in a timely manner to Project Manager and Team supervisor.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality team, Business Analysts, Operational Receivers, Service Line Personnel and Project Services group to improve upon existing Testing and SDLC Processes.
- Responsible for Training Project personnel in use of Quality Center.
- Depending on project size and deliverables, may be assigned up to 10, or more projects at one time.
- Complete Status reports on all assigned projects twice monthly.
- Escalate issues through appropriate channels.
- Solid IT experience, specifically in the Project Management Organization.
- Working knowledge of the SDLC and Project Management Processes.
- Experience managing SOX compliance requirements on projects.
- Excellent leadership/collaboration skills.
- Excellent Written, Verbal, and Presentation Communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to manage deliverable on multiple projects.
- Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge to others.
- Training skills - ability to train personnel at all levels.
- Testing experience in a variety of applications and/or infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of testing best practices.
- HP Quality Center Knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of business process mapping and documentation of business requirements, systems design, and technical standards.
- SAP or PeopleSoft knowledge/experience.
Painted Post, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IT Test Manager
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 338973
Posted Date: 9/12/2018