Accounting Manager - Campbell, CA
SUMMARY: Manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, corporate policies and external audits. Manage revenue and receivable process, cost accounting and inventory transactions, monthly closing and preparation of the financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• As the liaison for Finance and Operations, ensure the bill of materials and routings are accurate in the ERP System. Responsible for all aspects of annual standard cost roll. Provide analysis on cost revaluation to ensure inventory is valued properly after standard cost roll.
• Reconcile perpetual inventory to GL inventory balances. Inventory accounts include raw materials, work-in-progress, finished goods and trunk stock. Prepare adjusting entries as needed.
• Prepare monthly flux analysis on COGS and manufacturing absorption, including manufacturing variances, inventory adjustments, scrap, labor & burden costs, and overhead costs.
• Oversee company's cycle count and year-end physical inventory programs. Analyze excess and obsolesce inventory and adjust inventory reserves quarterly.
• Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts and manage the month end close.
• Process bi-weekly payroll and prepare the associated payroll journal entries
• Manage fixed asset database by reconciling all fixed assets accounts, including construction-in-progress and leasehold improvement. Prepare monthly capitalization, disposition, and depreciation entries.
• Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to the systems and related processes in place to improve efficiency.
• Prepare monthly California use tax accrual entry and file California Sales/Use Tax return quarterly.
• Prepare annual Personal Property Tax Return (Form 571-L).
• Work with external auditors/consultants and provide audit and tax supporting schedules.
• Support the Quality System and Quality Policy. Be aware of Quality System procedures and requirements, including regulatory requirements and training requirements for position activities. Inform responsible personnel of concerns involving product quality
• Perform job functions in a safe and effective manner
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor in Accounting/Business Studies and a minimum of 8 years of increasingly responsible accounting experience, including a minimum 5 years cost accounting experience
• 5+ years experience in a FDA regulated manufacturing environment required (medical device/pharmaceutical/biotech field or in a related area preferred)
• Experience with ERP software required Proven record of working with Operations and R&D
• Ability to be very flexible, adaptable, and to work under pressure.
• Self-motivated and self-directed; conscientious approach to work assignments
• Enjoys the challenges of multitasking and working at a fast pace while staying flexible to shift tasks frequently
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Accounting
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Campbell, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 339016
Posted Date: 9/12/2018