Provisioning Technician (Voice, VPN, IP) - Dublin, OH
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Provisioning Technician, Level II, to work on a team at our client site in Dublin, OH. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
This is a 2nd Shift Position; hours being 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM. Training will be done on the 3rd shift.
Provisioning Technician is dedicated to Internet Access / VPN and IP products and Voice Products. The tech is responsible for providing "one call resolution" to customer reported installations. The tech works with customers, local carriers, transport repair organizations as well as other client work groups. Excellent customer service, a positive attitude, leadership and a strong technical aptitude are required for this position. Respond to customer requested IP address, routing, troubleshooting and coordination for various hours of activation requests. Perform trouble isolation for customers during the initial activation. Perform trouble isolation for customers during the initial activation. Engage other technical assistance teams to assist with trouble resolution and activation of circuits. Understand BGP, EBGP, OSPF, MPLS, static routing, and have a basic understanding of LAN and WAN technology. Works with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WANproblems. Resolves complex network problems involving power, network hardware, routers, CSU/DSU, carrier services.
- Has ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems.
- Applies excellent customer service. Understand and apply standard trouble shooting techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency with trouble ticketing application as well as other internal tools.
- Ability to work off hours.
- Associate degree or 1+ year of related work experience.
- Knowledge of TCP / IP.
- Knowledge of routing protocols. Knowledge of VPN principles. Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper and Adtran routers.
- Understanding of DNS. 1+ year of technical experience on a Adtran, Juniper or Cisco routers. CCNA/CCNP preferred.
- Hours may vary depending on the needs of the business.
- 2-4 years of experience. 4-6 years of experience
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Provisioning Technician (Voice, VPN, IP)
Location: Dublin, OH
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 339092
Posted Date: 9/14/2018