Specialist, Lean Safety and Maintenance - Sumner, WA
- The primary purpose of this position is to insure the Safety of all personnel in the facility.
- This position must also ensure the cultural embedding of lean concepts and processes and a true “change agent”.
- The role is a transformational leader, a Kaizen facilitator and a training leader in the dojo .
- This includes waste reduction while securing quality and protecting production efforts.
- Proper Lean concepts will minimize lost productivity at the PDC and drive quality.
- Maintaining inventory accuracy will reduce excess and obsolescence risk by preventing orders for parts that are already stocked at the required levels.
- The Specialist will help minimize damage claims from dealers as a result of enforcing Lean methodologies.
- This position will also monitor and report assigned maintenance elements of the operation such as Preventative maintenance schedules and planned equipment repair.
- The position will communicate the results of the projects and assignments of each Parts Distribution Center to the appropriate Headquarters department.
- Ensure all safety rules and expectations are maintained. Apply Lean principals to the roles and responsibilities in the operations. Work directly with the HQ Lean team to bring connectivity to the field operations. Drive Safety elements across all personnel. Monitor report and address as assigned all maintenance activities within the PDC. (35%)
- Create, develop and deploy new and/or updated Safety and Lean processes and procedures with the guidance/assistance of the HQ departments. Drive KPI’s and SWI. Ensure SOP’s are current and followed. (35%)
- Ensure proper maintenance is performed, recorded and reported as assigned. (20%)
- Ensure the proper utilization of materials as requested by the Department’s Management in Headquarters. (10%)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for this position are the reporting of all incidents and safety committee meetings, safety programs reporting and lean project updates. Monthly reporting of assigned Lean elements such as Kaizen events, 5S or required training. Weekly and monthly maintenance reporting. Each KPI is reviewed annually and a new standard is established. Standards must be met and/or exceeded.
- Coordinate with HQ to assist in the development and implementation of Lean Concepts including No MUDA, CEDAC, Kaizen events, Value streams, Gemba walk projects and key Lean tools as agreed to by Lean leadership. Resolve Lean or waste issues, coordinate corrective actions with the other PDC’S and the appropriate Headquarters personnel.
- Initiate the improvement process with safety committee and HQ support from HR. Provide necessary documentation, track and audit performance and safety.
- Establish and maintain routine PM schedules for keeping equipment well maintained in the PDC. Investigate maintenance failures and recommend appropriate changes in PDC methods. Work with vendors and Headquarters personnel to develop program improvements and cost efficiencies.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
MAJOR CHALLENGES AND KEY DECISIONS
- The Lean Safety Maintenance Specialist is expected to be able to independently identify problems in the course of performing the job functions, to resolve these issues with a minimum of supervision, and remain within the established policies and procedures. The Specialist must be able to “think on their feet” during conversations with MPA groups and departments to resolve issues with minimum supervisory / managerial involvement.
- Bachelors, Required
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
Must have Green Belt Must have "Lean distribution" experience 3-5 years
Automotive a plus but he will look at any distribution experience
Not manager no direct reports but will directing tasks to people
Interview Process 2 face to face one with Andrew one with another manager - he does not know which one yet
United States of America
Executive/Management / Management
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Specialist, Lean Safety and Maintenance
Location: Sumner, WA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 339301
Posted Date: 10/17/2018