Network Engineer (Cisco Technologies) - Scottsdale, AZ
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Network Engineer to work on a team at our client site in Scottsdale, AZ. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job don
• Monitor and analyze performance across the organization's Voice Network and underlying LANs, WANs, IPT, and wireless deployments.
• Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system design
• Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to the customer’s network.
• Maintain current knowledge base regarding complex routing, switching, and voice design and configuration for Cisco route\switch products.
• Provide high-level technical & engineering support for router and switch configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of VoIP and Wireless technologies.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• Provide high-level off-hours support on a rotating basis with other on-site engineers
• Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop & document process flows.
• Identify capacity and performance issues for communications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of communications systems.
• Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to communication equipment to detect faults, and minimize malfunctions.
• Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed.
• Create and maintain network documentation and reports as required
• Act as liaison between customers and other network vendors on high-level support issues.
• Provide direct interface with other departments in support of the customer’s network
• Must be a very familiar with internetworking (routing & switching / Service Provider) protocols across vendors
• Must be an experienced at troubleshooting methodologies in the context of large scale complex networks
• MPLS installation and troubleshooting expert preferred
• Cisco CCIE R&S and/or SP as a IOS,IOS-XE and IOS-XR experience preferred
• Expertise on Cisco ASR 9K and 1K, all ISR G2 Routers preferred
• Expertise on Cisco Layer 3 Switches Nexus and Catalyst preferred
• Network Routing/Switching and BGP/OSPF
• Must be proficient at all vendors documentation to research issue not trained on
7+ years current hands on experience with the following:
• Cisco, etc Layer 2 & 3 switch, router, firewalls, wireless configuration and management
• Isolation of multi-Service Provider causes and service restorations
• Direct customer interaction communication skills
• Proficient PC skills in office applications and network connectivity configuration
• Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• Must be available 24/7 for network outages and maintenance window work.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Engineer (Cisco Technologies)
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 339631
Posted Date: 9/19/2018