Equipment Engineer - Canton, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for an Equipment Engineer to work onsite in Canton, NY for a year long contract. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.Ideal Background Includes:
There are 14 pieces of handling and process equipment in various states of the design cycle.
- Candidate will be able to write a preliminary scope of work and estimate the cost and schedule to fabricate the equipment.
- Candidate will leverage Keystone Tool and Die for the design work.
- Candidate will give input into establishing a baseline schedule, ways to reduce the schedule and provide a cost estimate for manufacturing the first primary piece.
- Candidate will work with division process engineers and S&T modeling resources process equipment requirements. Must have strong SolidWorks and simulation skills, experience in designing equipment, experience leveraging vendors for design of handling and process support equipment, appreciation and sensitivity for stress generated in glass during handling and manufacturing operations, team player and good communications skills.
• Work with project team members to solve difficult mechanical engineering and process equipment related problems, resolve project related issues and develop understanding of process and equipment design requirements
• Define and document machine design specifications, error budgets and mechanical design concepts. Design and follow construction of prototype and production process equipment, lead proof of concept and prototype tests to validate design concept, collect and evaluate data and make appropriate engineering recommendations
• Work with external machine builders, system integrators and suppliers to specify and successfully deliver fully integrated process machine systems to their internal Customers on-time, on-budget, to meet process performance measures
• Lead generation of construction drawings, installation drawings and ensure that final drawing packages reflect as-built conditions and satisfies Corning drawing standards
• Report on project activities, status and issues on a periodic basis to project and department leadership; Maintain records and track expenditures against allocated funds. Estimate time required to accomplish tasks and monitor performance against schedules
• Should be able to work in a team based environment and able to participate on a highly matrixed project team to execute project assignments, with minimal supervision
Education and Experience:
- B.S. / M.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 7 plus years in mechanical engineering experience in the design and development of production process machinery, dynamic mechanisms and/or automated systems
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Equipment Engineer
Location: Canton, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 339856
Posted Date: 9/20/2018