Sr Accounting Manager - Cambridge, MA
Position DescriptionThe Sr. Accounting Manager is responsible for managing accounting matters, including monthly reporting, compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and the application of accounting policies for activity in the client's largest legal entity. Working in a fast growing company that recently launched its first commercial product, this position gives the individual the opportunity to shape financial reporting policies and procedures as the Finance function grows.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Assistant Controller, the position will require extensive and effective collaboration with multiple Finance functions, cross-functional teams and with senior financial management, including the Controller and CFO.
LOCATION: Cambridge, MA 02142
STATUS: Contract through 12/30/2018 with possibility of extension
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Oversee the monthly close and reporting process for the US legal entity, leading the review of the monthly results as well as the approval of reconciliations and journal entries
• Manage and review work of team of accountants covering areas such as clinical trial accounting, expense accruals, fixed assets, leases and debt
• Drive the enforcement of accounting policies and procedures and the reporting of final results and accounting matters to Corporate Accounting
• Prepare memos and other documentation to address the accounting for significant transactions
• Develop standardized closing and reporting processes in order to streamline operations
• Support the external reporting process, coordinating with the SEC reporting team to ensure that key inputs are provided timely
• Ensure that the company financial reporting risk assessment and internal controls are updated for evolving risks as the company size and complexity grows
• Coordinate and manage the resolution of significant matters as part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews conducted by independent accountants
• Improve and build appropriate systems and processes to facilitate timely and accurate closing of monthly financial statements
Skills/Education Required:Bachelors degree in Accounting and CPA certification required.
Minimum of 6+ years of experience in public accounting or private industry is required.
Experience in managing the monthly close process, with expertise in accounting in accordance with GAAP.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to manage and review the work of a team of accountants
Ability to independently conduct research and succinctly propose alternatives to decision makers
Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines
Detail-oriented with both the ambition and willingness to dive into the details
Strong financial systems skills and knowledge of reporting tools
Ability to work with cross-functional teams (Program Management, Clinical, etc.) and senior finance management
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sr Accounting Manager
Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340093
Posted Date: 9/21/2018