Customer Service Coordinator - Fairport, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Customer Service Coordinator in Fairport, NY for a year long contract. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.Purpose of Position:
Responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales support to customers. Is liaison between customers and the manufacturing, accounting, and planning groups to resolve all customer requests including order status, delivery projections, product returns, and billing questions.
Major Responsibilities (Ongoing Tasks)
• Enters orders, coordinates responses to order change requests, and confirms orders to customers.
• Provides customers with product return authorization. Reviews warranty claims with quality department. Expedites repairs.
• Provides quotations to customers from quote teams. Suggests pricing for non-standard items.
• Enters orders and forecast into sales and operating template for financial reporting and planning on a monthly basis. Creates the Revenue forecast for the Fairport plant and tracks shipments, reporting revenue against plan on a weekly basis to divisional management.
• Provides solutions to routine commercial problems.
• Routes sales inquiries to the appropriate commercial owner.
• Develops relationships within customers procurement team to position Corning as a responsive and capable supplier.
• Actively works with customers to address payment delinquencies.
• Generates and publishes reports related to sales metrics such as monthly revenue, backlog, and on-time deliveries.
Job Specifications - Qualifications
Required: Associates Degree
Desired: Bachelors Degree
• 3-5 years
o Microsoft Excel - very important
o Microsoft Word
o Typing accuracy
o Excellent written and verbal communications
o Team work
o Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
o Ability to handle stressful environment and multi-task
o Diplomacy - able to deliver bad news in a good way
o Detail Orientation
o Perseverance and patience
o Desire to roll up sleeves to work directly with customers and internal project teams.
o Well organized, process oriented, has systematic approach to problem solving
o Able to work independently
o Knowledge of manufacturing fundamentals
5. Key Decision Areas
• Ongoing customer support/negotiations.
6. Indicator for Performance Evaluation
• Timeliness and accuracy of order entry, customer responses, and reports.
• Formal and informal customer feedback
Manager Must Haves:
• Microsoft Excel
• B2B Order/Vendor Management
• Background in data analytics
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Customer Service Coordinator
Location: Fairport, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340167
Posted Date: 10/3/2018