Linux Systems Engineer - San Marcos, TX
Ranked as a top Fortune 100 Financial Services company, our client has an opening for an Project Manager/ Business Analyst professional. Must be articulate and able work directly with senior management as a high-level expert.
Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a Fortune 100 company with around $2.0 trillion in assets. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Role: Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
THIS IS AN ON-SITE ROLE
NOTE: Per DoDD 8570.1, the contract employee must possess one of the following DoD-approved baseline certifications associated with IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP) within 6 months of start date. In accordance with AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act, personnel requiring access to government Facilities must possess a favorably adjudicated Single Scope Back Ground Check as well as a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) with a FINAL favorable investigation achieved. Additionally a favorable health assessment to include required immunizations is also required.
System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing high-quality technical and configuration management support for the U.S. Army IMCOM G6 virtual hosting platforms on both the NIPRNET and Commercial network.
• Red Hat Linux 6 or higher.
• VMWare ESXi 5.5 or higher..
• Develop and maintain enterprise system configuration as it pertains to both virtual hosting platforms
• Work directly with System Owners to resolve issues related to both virtual hosting platforms
• Develop and maintain a Knowledge Base for troubleshooting and maintaining the virtual hosting platforms
• Enforce configuration management controls on both virtual hosting platforms
• Member of the IMCOM G6 Configuration Control Board (CCB)
• Provide regular reports to the government on related issues
• Provide training (as required) to government personnel
• Create/design deployment guides/tutorials for both virtual hosting platforms
• Research and resolve Server related issues, specific to both virtual hosting platforms, reported by end users
• 7 years of enterprise system administration
• Solid skills and experience in administering and supporting Red Hat Linux operating systems including install, configure, upgrade and patch management.
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with VMWare ESXi 6.5, vCenter.
• Knowledge and experience with Dell server hardware such as Dell M1000e Blade Enclosures and M630 blade servers, Dell Compellent Storage.
• Knowledge and experience with Brocade fiber switches.
• Thorough understanding of Web Delivery Systems to include but not limited to Apache and Tomcat.
• Superb project management, follow-through, and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be able to effectively work well with others
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or applicable work experience)
San Marcos, TX
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Linux Systems Engineer
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340169
Posted Date: 9/21/2018