IP Technician I - Broomfield, CO
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Network Engineer to work on a team at our client site in Broomfield, CO. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
The IP Technician I should have a basic understanding of IP Network functions such as MPLS, Internet, Ethernet, and Managed Services signal flow. Performs tasks associated with the maintenance, installation and change of company IP network services. With an understanding of telecommunications, the Technician I will be responsible for implementing, troubleshooting, managing, and correcting Customer and Network Service issues.
• Analyzes and develops solution for failures and outages and coordinates the repair efforts of networking
• Performs both internal and external escalations on all hardware and software failures and all data related outages.
• Maintains and supports IP infrastructure. Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
• Maintains a commitment to safe practices and holds others equally accountable.
• Processes new activations, disconnects, coordinate and perform lower complexity migrations with some oversight.
• Remains current on the latest data network technology through completion of required/recommended training and reading material.
• Operate in multiple systems and databases as required.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with customers in a professional manner.
• Fundamental knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of IP
• Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR)
• Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay and Juniper
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and Troubleshooting
• Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
• Associates Degree, or up to 2 years of relevant job experience.
• Relevant job experience is described as:
o Job experience in similar industry
o Job experience with similar essential duties Physical Requirements:
o Office - Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
• Field of Study: Telecommunications, or other relative field
• CCNA Certification
• Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IP Technician I
Location: Broomfield, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340318
Posted Date: 9/25/2018