Controls Engineer - Wilmington, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Controls Engineer to work onsite in Wilmington, NC. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
• Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD Electrical 2017)
• Provide sketches or redline existing drawings as needed and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen to resolve design issues.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment.
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment)
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability, proficient with electrical schematics
• Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives
• Electrical Engineering/Technology (Bachelors degree minimum)
• Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience
• Certifications preferred
Equipment or software experience preferred:
AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014, Windows7, MS Office suite (Power Point, Excel, Word), PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340381
Posted Date: 9/24/2018