Controls / IT Technician - Addison, NY
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 12-hour rotating shifts, however in special scenarios additional hours may be necessary to achieve plant up-time objectives.
Scope of position:
Controls shift-tech with a primary focus on troubleshooting various automated systems and providing level 1 IT support within the manufacturing environment.
Role within group:
Member of cross-functional Controls Engineering team tasked with providing first line of defense support and assisting with the implementation of various functionality enhancements.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Serve as an electrical controls resource that provides support and troubleshooting of following production areas: Batch, Forming, Drying, Cutting, Firing, and Finishing, to support the 24/7 manufacturing of product.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with Operations and Maintenance to provide first responder Controls and level 1 IT support. The primary focus will be to safely get equipment back in operation and performing at established rates and quality. A detailed log of events is to be submitted electronically at the end of each shift.
- Control system troubleshooting will include but not limited to, programmable control systems (PLC), human machine interfaces (HMI), robots, motion control, measurement systems, instrumentation, dryers, kilns, material handling systems, networks, computer system hardware, and computer system software application support for MES and data collection systems.
- Work utilizing plant and division electrical controls standards. Serve as a technical resource for questions regarding deviation and interpretation as well as managing changes during off-shift time periods.
- Individual must be capable of executing assignments, in a team based environment, with minimal supervision.
Education and experience:
Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology (with an emphasis on Electrical or Controls Systems), or Engineering Science, or work-related experience with an Associate’s Degree in progress.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls / IT Technician
Location: Addison, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340401
Posted Date: 10/1/2018