Instructional Content Specialist - Sunnyvale, CA
Instructional Content Specialist
About Our Client
Our Client leverages advanced technologies to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness with patient safety as our highest priority. Join our Instructional Design team to help shape the future of product education for our customers and staff worldwide.
Primary Function of Position
The Instructional Content Specialist is responsible for producing and maintaining content across a wide range of projects including web-based online courses, mobile applications, video scripts / storyboards, quick reference guides and more. The overall goal of the position is to provide the best possible experience for customers and internal staff in learning both the clinical and technical aspects of the da Vinci® Surgical System.
Portfolio / Work Samples
Successful candidates must provide a portfolio with 2-3 relevant work samples that demonstrate a solid understanding of instructional design processes along with hands-on expertise in using the digital tools specified below. An ideal work sample will include:
- Description of the project and the candidate’s specific contributions.
- Representation of some portion of the design process used to complete the project.
- Visual representation of some portion of the completed project. A link to the completed project is especially helpful, but screen images of the project with labels can also be sufficient.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify and capture learning content
- Develop competencies and learning objectives for all instructional projects
- Use standard e-learning authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate) and other development tools to create or revise learning content
- Script and storyboard instructional videos
- Develop training documentation using content layout software (In-Design, Word)
- Design, develop and conduct assessments and evaluations for global audiences
- Design, develop and implement mobile learning using Adobe Experience Manager Mobile
- Project manage all phases of instructional development projects under tight deadlines.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a relevant instructional design role
- 2-4 years of professional experience working with either Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate to author e-learning courses
- 1-2 years of experience publishing content to a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education completed
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage multiple development projects in meeting deadlines
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) expertise
- 1-2 years of experience in a healthcare, biotech, or medical device organization
- 1-2 years of experience developing content for a global audience
- Degree in Education, Curriculum Development, or Instructional Design
- Experience working with strict document control and Quality Management Systems
- Adobe Experience Mobile Manager (AEMM) authoring experience
- Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Audition expertise
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Instructional Content Specialist
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340500
Posted Date: 11/19/2018