IP & Systems Engineer - Broomfield, CO
IP & Systems Engineer
We are currently seeking a seasoned IP and Systems Engineer for a 12-month contractual opportunity with our client in Broomfield, CO. The qualified candidate must have a foundational understanding of IP Network functions such as MPLS, Internet, Ethernet, and Managed Services. Perform tasks associated with the maintenance, implementation, troubleshooting, and change of company IP network services. He/she must have an understanding of telecommunications, in order to work services activations by handling Service Provider side and Enterprise CPEs. Ability to communicate with customers effectively to troubleshoot issues, ability to work with other teams (e.g. Security, Applications).
- Work with the activation team on migrating customers sites from one architecture to another, these circuit migrations involve using existing routers in production or using new routers, must be comfortable with disaster recovery procedures, such as reload original configurations and password recovery.
- Work with customers during live traffic service activations and follow migration procedures.
- Ability to work with inter-departments to resolve and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Demonstrates professional customer-facing communication skills.
- Drives resolution of faults through internal and external groups.
- Multi-tasks and interfaces between many systems and databases, including the use of 2 separate PCs.
- Perform IP troubleshooting and follow escalation procedures.
- Work with Discovery (internal), Firewall and Security teams (external).
- Proactively finds opportunities to improve departmental effectiveness such as, decrease MTTR/MTTI, reduce defects, improve first pass yield, etc.
- RFO creation and customer follow up.
- Ability to work under little or no supervision.
- Mentor and train technicians.
- 6-8+ years of relevant job experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, or equivalent Education, and relevant work experience.
- Field of Study: Engineering or related field (Telecom, Network, IT)
- CCNA/CCNP and/or JNCIP preferred
- MEF-CECP 2.0+ preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Fundamental Knowledge of OSI model.
- Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR).
- Knowledge of Routing Protocol, experience must include: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, static routing & QoS/CoS.
- IPSEC & GRE, and Security/Firewall.
- Network Design (LAN technologies, WAN technologies and ISP/Hosting technologies.
- Knowledge of Ethernet Topologies.
- Knowledge of UNIX, a big plus.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IP & Systems Engineer
Location: Broomfield, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340563
Posted Date: 9/25/2018