CAD Technician - Wilmington, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a CAD Technician to work onsite in Wilmington, NC for a year long contract. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.JOB DESCRIPTION
• Provide mechanical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Corning Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD 2017, Autodesk Inventor)
• Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required.
• Incorporate redlined drawings into Corning Inc. standard packages and follow-up with drafting services as required to resolve design issues.
• Re-design mechanical components to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs.
• Provide sketches or marked-up drawings as dictated by project and evolutionary equipment needs.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Support engineers and technicians as needed for Electricians and Mechanics during installation activities.
• Provide support to technicians to create and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
• Complete documentation packages in Autodesk Inventor including conversion from legacy AutoCAD.
• Ensure updated documentation exists in assigned areas.
• Strong practical hands-on mechanical aptitude (able to reverse-engineer design from existing piece of equipment).
• Proficient with piping schematics
• Thorough understanding mechanical drive trains, electrical and pneumatic actuators.
• GD&T understanding and experience.
• Travel is highly probable for future projects - potential travel to other NC locations.
• Mechanical Engineering/Technology Degree (Associates minimum)
• 5-10 years experience in engineering/manufacturing setting
• Certifications preferred
Equipment or software experience preferred:
Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD 2017, Windows7, MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word) PLC and PC based systems, Automated equipment systems
• Ability to work well with varied job requirements.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Presentation skills highly desirable.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized manner.
• Results oriented.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: CAD Technician
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340710
Posted Date: 11/7/2018