Controls Technician III - Midland, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Controls Technician to work on a team at our client site in Concord, NC. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
• Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD Electrical 2017)
• Provide sketches or redline existing drawings as needed and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen to resolve design issues.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment.
• Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
• Interpret and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
• Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs and trades to replace defective components and execute changes in design and solve equipment/process issues.
• Take personal responsibility for all aspects of supervising and training equipment installation crews including direction and shift supervision during installation activities.
• Oversee and provide direction to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades during all aspects of equipment installation and conversion such as demolition, construction, installation, testing, and debug of production equipment.
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment.)
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting, proficient with pneumatic and electrical schematics
• Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Thorough understanding of current loops.
• Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
• Machine control knowledge and understands classical control theory
• Basic mechanical aptitude.
• Travel is a possibility - Future projects may be in other NC locations.
• Electrical Engineering/Technology Degree (Associates minimum)
• 5-10 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing setting
• Certifications preferred
Equipment or software experience preferred:
AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD Electrical 2017, Windows7, MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word) PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Technician III
Location: Midland, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340712
Posted Date: 1/30/2019