Data Platform Administrator - Charlotte, NC
Exciting 6-24 month contract opportunity for a Data Platform Administrator with our Fortune 500 financial services client in Charlotte, NC. The role will be responsible for installation, configuration, upgrading and provide support for Hortonworks and Quantitative Analytics tools and Platform.
- Administer the Model Risk platform and provide day to day support for the users
- Responsible for supporting Hortonworks Hadoop HDP/HDF platform, Spark clusters, ETL/ELT tools, open source tools (R, Python, Scala/Java) and Visualization tools.
- Provision Notebooks and Development tools and libraries as requested by Model Validators
- Responsible for configuration management of all environments
- Proactively monitor the platform using best practices to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Horton Work Hadoop platform administration experience installing and configuring HDP services like HDFS, YARN, Hive and Spark
- Experience working and navigating Linux Servers
- Experience with installing, configuring, administrating and troubleshooting Data Wrangling tools, Jupyter/Zeppelin Notebooks and tools
- Experience with Configuration and DevOps tools like Chef, Puppet
- Experience working with CI/CD tool like Git, JIRA, Jenkin, Artifactory.
- Experience in optimizing and troubleshooting application performance with tuning of Hive/HQL, LLAP, Spark.
- Experience in setting up Hadoop Security for Active Directory, PAM Authentication, Ranger for Authorization
- Experience with Google Cloud, AWS would be nice to have.
– Advantage Reference # 340834
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Data Platform Administrator
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340834
Posted Date: 9/26/2018