Technical Document Coordinator - Bi-Lingual - Raymond, OH
Technical Document Coordinator - Bi-Lingual
- Join senior technical leadership within Integrated Controls department to review, control, and manage documentation coming from our equivalent department in Japan.
- This would include cooperating directly with senior level American technical staff to review technical specifications.
- This position would require some basic translation and interpretation.
- Where documentation is difficult to understand, the specialist would be tasked with coordinating formal translation or managing follow-up documentation from Japan.
- As new Management Systems are applied to the development process, the specialist would be responsible for supporting entry of the technical material into the Management System.
- This role would include documentation management role.
- Additionally it would include participating in joint review of documentation with senior level American Staff.
- Comfort working in a bi-lingual environment with a significant volume of Japanese documentation would be needed.
- Attendance at technical review meetings and discussions would be required as well. ( 50% - 75% of time would be spent overall on this role)
- In addition to this role, the Technical Assistant would work with senior division leadership ( Division Director and Chief Engineer level ) to execute short term projects related to department and division management.
- These would include support for typical manpower, budget, and resource planning and reporting. ( 25% - 50% of position time ).
- Requirements include Microsoft Office software familiarity, comfortable working with both English and Japanese documentation, Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes database familiarity, comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment ( primarily Japanese and American, but includes diversity), and comfort working in an open office environment directly with senior Division and Department staff.
- Applicant should have a basic familiarity with ALM/PLM software, including Requirement Management Software, similar to IBM DOORS software.
- A willingness to work with unfamiliar PLM/ALM tools is as new tools are implemented is needed, A willingness and ability to learn new systems is a must.
- Working hours flexibility is needed due to regular TV meetings with Japan.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Document Coordinator - Bi-Lingual
Location: Raymond, OH
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 340836
Posted Date: 11/9/2018