Software Developer – Big Data - Austin,
Expected Contract length: 6 months
Location: Round Rock, TX
Software Developer – Big Data
We are looking for candidates who have a strong background in services development for online commerce, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative. Highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building software solutions to meet our business needs. Ideal candidates will have extensive hands on experience on Hadoop and Java, and experience in large multi-national corporations.
Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently, and will be able to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates will work with very little direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls, and can guide web site design and user flows for multiple device types. Company Description With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. The Client’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation.
Why work with us?
• Life here means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
• When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
• Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
• Required Professional degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 7 to 8 years of professional experience in software development
• Proven track record demonstrating ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Quick learner with motivation to learn new languages, technologies and frameworks (you will get opportunity to play with a lot of new technologies)
• Knowledge in Hadoop ecosystem
• Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
• Ability to be a hands-on developer in Java on the Big Data platform
• Experience in design and development of applications on the Java platform and the Hadoop big data platform
• Strong in core Java
• End to end experience of designing and developing enterprise class applications using Java EE platforms
• Proven understanding with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, HDFS, Titan Graph DB and Scala
• Exposure to Elastic Stack is an advantage
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Software Developer – Big Data
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341103
Posted Date: 10/2/2018