Product Engineer Electrical - Dearborn, MI
The Connected Vehicle and Services organization is a team dedicated to specifying, architecting, designing, implementing, and operating an End to End Ecosystem focused on delivering Telematics and Infotainment Services to Ford and Lincoln vehicles globally. The team is very diverse - representing capability in feature/service definition, systems engineering, End to End Architecture Design and Deployment, and Ongoing System Operations and Support. With the rapid growth of these services we are continually looking for individuals who understand and have a strong desire to be part of a very dynamic ‘connected ecosystem’ comprising brought-in mobile devices, in-vehicle hardware and networks, short range and long range wireless networks, and back office service delivery systems. We are seeking those unique individuals that have a passion for the transformative nature of wireless connectivity, possess a strong system perspective and knowledge base, and are interested in joining a growing and fast paced work force . Connected Vehicle & Services is seeking an Electric Vehicle (EV) Feature Engineer develop our future next generation of EV connectivity solutions across multiple mobile applications and into new geographical markets. As a feature lead, you will be responsible for identifying, documenting, sharing across multiple cross functional teams the next generation of EV connected solutions and integration into mobile apps. These features provide the latest vehicle status and charge information, create smart charge profiles, provide trip planning solutions, solve range anxiety and essentially integrate the app into an EV owner's lifestyle.
- Lead electric vehicle feature development into our next generation apps and into new geographical markets
- Work with strategic teams to migrate features to new vehicle programs.
- Resolve any open design questions during development process
- Work closely with component owners to write product requirement and functional specifications.
- Define end to end architecture and specifications from vehicle to cloud to app. Ensure compatibility within eco-system, consider impacts on existing platform components and other features.
- Work with Verification teams, Plants & Customers to Triage/ Root Cause / Resolve Issues
- Maintain open requirements issue list, review, track and report on progress
- Issue change requests when necessary, champion CR’s through the process and ensure all impacted documents are updated upon approval of CRs Work in a collaborative team environment and ability to work under aggressive timelines and sporadic heavy workloads Be a self-learner of newer concepts and application development best practices and trends. Interface with many teams cross-functionally, and operate globally with other countries and across time-zones Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to communicate with support personnel, application development personnel, partners and management.
Project Management Skills Electrification or Telematics experience
2+ years of experience with systems engineering fundamentals and quality / reliability methods including FMEAs, DVP&Rs
BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer Electrical
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341128
Posted Date: 11/28/2018